Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my T10 and wanted decode the #'s on it. I also need to find a new speedometer gear for it - the one inside is chewed.

#'s
Front:
T10H - 1
W.G. DIV
W - 1 (K 290)
Rear:
T10H-7B
WG DIV
G 27 ?
Ford Tag:
HEK-AD-1

The speedometer drive gear is black. (Anyone know where I can find one?)

THANKS!!!

Bryan

·
Premium Member
19,225 Posts
HEK-AD decodes to a 1966 BW T10 (duh!), including the GT350's.

Be aware that the speedo gear is not the same design as for the toploader. The gear itself depends upon your rear axle and tire sizes. Ive heard that they are quite rare, but have never looked for one myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you decode HEK-AD as such? Just wondering how to tell. Also, I had a transmission shop say, "I think it's a super T-10" but they didn't look/sound/act as if they really knew this or not. How do you tell if it is/isn't?

The speedo gear I'm looking for is the same as what is currently on the shaft and they're an obsolete part that appears to be impossible to find.

·
Premium Member
19,225 Posts
I have a secret decoder book: 1965-1968 Mustang and Shelby Parts Identifier. *G* Now that I told you that, I'll have to kill you.

I just pulled my T10 for a toploader, but the gear is designed for a 3.0:1 rear end. Have you looked at NPD or Richmond Gears (which currently owns the rights to the T10)? You also might want to contact Perogie.com, as they carry a whole bunch of NOS obsolete parts. Greenparts.com is another place, but you have to know the part number. Also, check the various corvette catalogs for early 60's corvettes, as they used the T10 as well.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I used the regular 3a type 17-tooth gear on a repro cable, and it is working fine (no needle hop, reasonably accurate (although I am changing it to a 19-tooth). One of the catalogs lists the regular 3a for all 4-speeds, but I cannot remember which one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts