Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
converted c4 to t5 and it looks like the clutch fork is a bit too far forward in the opening of the bell?
used Ford Motorsport King Cobra clutch kit, papers say its a bit thinner for what ever reason.
probably why my fork is setting forward, ive adjusted cable as far as it will go at the fork.
anyone have any issues like this before?
I probably wont have a problem until clutch wears some?
then tear down again and use adjustable pivot ball ?
any ideas,what else i could be doing wrong.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Is your throw-out (TO) bearing on correctly? It has to slide in correctly to work. Also, is it possible the TO bearing is on backwards?
Daniel

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive checked the throw out bearing and fork several times and im 99.5 percent sure its correct.
i did get a new fork from NAPA, didnt notice until it was time to install it, that it was made in CHINA? the old one was worn so i went with CHINA made fork?

·
Premium Member
11,701 Posts
Did you use the pivot ball specified for the cable setup? If you need to, you can get a longer pivot ball. I had to do this when I put in the McLeod scatter shield.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Used a late model 86 bell with stock pivot ball in it,
maybe i figured wrong that it would be ok with the Ford Motorsports Cobra clutch kit?
everything works ok, its just that the fork sets about 3/4 of the way forward as it exits the bell...so ive got no more cable adjustment, unless i use an extra spacer on the cable nut adjustment on the cable...which ill probably do.
clutch pedal is about 3inchs off the floor at release, not bad,but on cable setup ,clutch wear will gradully move that point more to the floor over time.
and at some point the fork will be hitting front of bell opening..this could become an issue,and require the adjustable pivot ball.
I thought maybe this has been an issue in the past with Cobra Clutch kits?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Which cable conversion are you using???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts