Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is strictly an FYI since Doug's Headers tech didn't have an answer. I mocked up a WC T5 in my 66 coupe running Doug's header part # D690YA. These headers are designated automatic C4 only on the tech page. Threw the T5 in, the clutch fork has plenty of movement and clears the collector pipe. Running a 86 5.0 bell housing, only had to remove a slight bit of material on the upper outer corner where the factory clutch cable mounts to clear the header down pipe. Hope this helps....happy christmas!

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Can you run a cable and not have it burnt up by the headers? I think most headers fit but have issues with the cable.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not with these headers, they're very tight against the drivers side of the block making it impossible to get a cable over the top and back around to the front of the bell. You can use an external or internal throw out bearing with no issues. The notes on these headers indicate they're automatic (C4) only. It's nice to know the work with a T5, thus not having to buy a new set for the conversion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts