Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some background on me... I am 23 years old.. I owned my 69 mach1 mustang since 16... It has some work done to it... 351W, dart heads, comp cam, etc... I have a C4 and figure before the weather gets nice where i live to do a t5 swap.... My question is.. I have a t5 tranny rebuilt in my hands... I also have a king cobra clutch... So my question is what do I need to buy to finish the swap?

lets make sure my list is right

t5 crossmember.... $150
slip yoke..
spacer plate...
pedal assembly
might try and make a cable clutch anyone have idea on this?

Is this all I really need?
http://www.mustangdepot.com/images/SDMP/t5-kit.gif

I have $600 dollars to make this swap... but i have the tranny already and the clutch...

·
Registered
35,874 Posts
You don't need a pedal assembly, just the pedals, and these are available new. The stock clutch linkage will work perfectly, also available new. You'll need a shift lever, and knob. The stock 69 knob is available with the 5-speed pattern on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm fairly young myself (26) and just did this conversion on my car, it is about as simple as they come, I did it on an inline 6 but it's the same concept,one bit of advice I have is install the bellhousing on the engine first then the transmission,it makes it so much easier. I did the conversion in about 3 hours. Depending on what shifter you go with you may have to cut your tunnel a bit, mine was a 1967 so not sure on your year. another bit of advise is to fill the trans thru the shifter hole from inside the car and then install shifter. Holds about 2.8-3 quarts of ATF dextron 2 or better. Any questions just ask.

·
Registered
35,874 Posts
The stock T5 shifter fits without cutting, but taller aftermarket shifters often require some cutting.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So manily I need the crossmember.... I can use the c4 yoke....and figure out how to do the cheapest clutch linkage idea... I think I can get this all done for my $600 since i already have clutch and tranny...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna go for it! I think I can get it done! I need a bellhousing though... And clutch fork and all that good stuff

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Some background on me... I am 23 years old.. I owned my 69 mach1 mustang since 16... It has some work done to it... 351W, dart heads, comp cam, etc... I have a C4 and figure before the weather gets nice where i live to do a t5 swap....
These bold words should not be used together!
23 years of age (LOTS of testosterone in that one!!):pirate:
Built 351 with gobs of HP!:thumbsup:
T-5 trans.:skullnbones:

Got a few spare T-5's laying around?? Your asking a lot from a T-5 with that motor combination. If you are in the habit of getting into it, you will break it. Think TKO.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HahH I was into 79-93 mustang for awhile... So I have 3 t5 laying around and I'm gonna buy the 450hp rebuild kit at some point so it's easy driving till then haha

Pm sent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts