Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been planning on swapping my c4 out for a t5 a long time now and im finally going to do it. I'm going to do this myself at home. Ive been over a few websites but I have a few questions though? How do i shorten the driveshaft? Do i need to take it to a machine shop? Every car ive owned was an automatic trans so I know little about clutches but the install doesnt look difficult, is there anything that i can screw up?

I can get a new t5 z spec from summit 1109.00 minus my 10% with coupon.
Im going to check out the show at knotts sunday :)
thanks guys

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yep, The driveshaft shortening must be done by a competent driveline shop. Make sure they rebalance it.
You might want to wait until you actually have the engine and tranny reinstalled and then measure for the cut.
Make sure you pick up new speedo cable gears !!! They are different fior a T5 than for a toploader .... not sure
on the C4 ? I can provide the calculations for determining which gear you need.

So you have:
tranny, tranny crossmember, tranny mount, bell housing, flywheel, pressure plate, throw out bearing, idler
bearing,clutch lever, shifter handle, knob, z-bar, z-bar mounts (frame rail and engine), manual pedal assembly,
both clutch intermediate rods (pedal to z-bar, z-bar- to clutch lever), Red Line ATF and all the nuts and bolts
you'll need ?

Joe P.
1968 CS/GT with e'boked 302 and 1993 Cobra T5

·
Registered
673 Posts
And don't forget the upper and lower springs.

Thespazardman (oh, and get a centerforce clutch.)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i havent bought anything yet, i just won a clutch brake pedal assembly from ebay i wanted to make sure i can get that first. I'm going with a clutch cable linkage from a guy on the fordmuscle board. Now i need to decide where to buy the rest of the stuff , maybe ill go with that swap kit from darkhorse
thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts