Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve bought an ‘87 world class T5 that came out of a foxbody and I need to rebuild it as the input and counter shafts have ground gears, but the main shaft is totally perfect. The guy said to get a bearing kit as well. The engine I’m mating this up to is stock, so would I still have to get a world class bearing kit, or could I get a regular t5 bearing kit (trying to keep the price down and not sure if there will be fitment issues). Also, I need a clutch pedal since I’m going from a C4 to a T5, so would a clutch/brake pedal assembly for a 65-66 work on a ‘70? I keep finding them from different places and I’m not finding many for the ‘70. Not sure if anyone has done this before with any luck? Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You won't really be able to substitute a NWC bearing kit for a WC kit as your WC uses more bearings and uses bearings rather than bushings also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Paul Cangialosi at 5speeds.com, has a kit with a counter gear stabilizer plate, that will really strengthen the trans. Seems like they were all abused if it's out of a 5.0, power shifting warbles out the case where the bearing race sits.

T5 Rebuild Kits

·
Registered
70 Posts
Or get the GForce case.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Paul’s book and video on rebuilding the T5 are great, but the rebuild kit has been Out of Stock for months.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I’ve done the swap both on a 69 & 70 Mach. 351w and a 351c with headers..

Ask away... 😀

·
Registered
653 Posts
Paul’s book and video on rebuilding the T5 are great, but the rebuild kit has been Out of Stock for months.
It's tough when you can't get the good parts, that's why I took mine to a local guy for a rebuild. But I was free to work on other things while he had the transmission, which has helped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts