Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a question for you guys. All the big Mustang places tell me that all rear quarter panels are from overseas. My body guy hates the panel I got from one of these places and wants to use TABCO. I don't remember hearing about these guys. Their site claims US made, original guage steel, prices match the big suppliers. Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm surprised more people weren't interested in learning about quarters that might actually fit and made right here in the USA. Well I did some more research today. Not everything on the Tabco site is in fact made in the USA. For 65 - 66 fans, the full quarters are the same old Taiwan crap that everyone else sells. However the rear quarter skin shown on their website as #664-80 is stamped by them in Ohio. I confirmed that with their expert in the warehouse. It seems that they set up their tooling for a particular piece and then punch them out. He said that MOPAR was hot for them right now. Anyway, the bad news is that these quarters are out of stock and it could be several months before they switch to Mustang parts again.

I managed to snag the last pair from the Mill Supply Company in Ohio. Are they really any better than Taiwan stuff, really made fo metal that matches the original thickness? Don't know yet but I will find out by next week. If these work out, some of you planning on doing this to your cars in the future might want to check it out. I figure they can't possibly be worse than the junk from Taiwan.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Please post your findings. I unfortunately have already coerced a pair of crappy asian ones on my car, but maybe on the next project....

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Well I did some more research today.

I wish I read this before emailing them.

Are they really any better than Taiwan stuff, really made fo metal that matches the original thickness? Don't know yet but I will find out by next week.
Please let the group know when you get them on. If the skins are good, I'll go that way instead of the Taiwan full quarters.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will post findings and pics when they come in. These guys have been in business for years, if they were way better than everything else out there we would know about it on this forum probably. Still, I can hope.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, I've been doing a little more research and found a company by the name of Dynacorn which produces full '65/66 fastback quarters. Dynacorn actually produces a number of different body panels for a wide variety of classic vehicles. They're the ones that are making the full '69 Camaro body shells with talks of producing a '67 Mustang fastback shell. Has anyone ever used their stuff?

I've looked at the Golden Legion quarter panel faces and wasn't satisfied with the quality of the stamping in the scoop area. The profile doesn't match the original. I've also heard that Golden Legion might be Dynacorn's Tawian divison. Does anyone know if this is true? I don't know how many different body panel manufactures their are out there, but I'm hoping to find the best replacement for my ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts