Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add a tach to my 65 and so far I’ve seen several options in my searches for previous threads.
1) rally pac
2) shelby pod on dash
3) 6 hole instrument bezel

I’m leaning towards the 6 hole bezel because i like how clean it keeps the cabin. My car has the 5 hole cluster from a 66. I really like the look of the factory gauges so was planning on transplanting them into the 6 hole bezel. Does anyone make a 3 3/8” tach that matches the font on the 66 gauges?

I’m still undecided on what direction ultimately I’ll go. Anyone think one option is better than the other?? The Shelby pod does look cool...

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
All the 6 hole clusters I know of, need the gauges installed from the front. You won't be able to use any of your original gauges.
Speedhut will let you customise their gauges with just about anything.

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts
What about the R-model gauge bezel?

·
Premium Member
6,124 Posts
I Googled "Shelby R-model gauge bezel" for images. I imagine National Parts Depot would have a nice reproduction, Tony Branda Jr (Cobranda), perhaps Virginia Classic Mustang or CJ Pony Parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Googled "Shelby R-model gauge bezel" for images. I imagine National Parts Depot would have a nice reproduction, Tony Branda Jr (Cobranda), perhaps Virginia Classic Mustang or CJ Pony Parts.
Cobra Automotive sells this one with or without the Stewart Warner Guages. If you read up on them these are fairly true representations of what you would se ein the R models, so they are more a race car "fit". If you look at the pictures, they are flat pieces and don't necessarily fit well into the curves of the Dash.

I really like the look of these, but will probably go with something like the 6 hole Drake models to get a nicer fit and finish. You can by the Stewart Warner Deluxe Gauges with all the sending units as a kit (m-82218) from Summit for about $435.00.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts