Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with someone that can reface and repair or calibrate a Mustang tach and speedo? I have heard of the tach man, autoinstruments.com and some others but have no dealings with any of them. Trying to find someone who will do a good job at a reasonable price that will re-silkscreen the gauge faces (no decals). Thanks

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I have dealt with Tachman. He fixed my 68 Deluxe (tach cluster) speedometer. If your after cheap he's the wrong guy. Want it done right I recomend him.

·
Registered
638 Posts
J,

I went with Gary the Tachman and was extremely pleased. I had his rescreen my 6k Tach to 8K and 120 mph trip speedo to 140 mph. It ended up costing me ~$275 for both plus he calibrated and tested/repair/reset the rest of my gauges. I have no issues recommending him and suggest contacing him by phone. He is a former Navy guy and since I am in the Navy as well, he nearly talked my ear off. Very friendly guy with great service and support.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I just traded emails with the tach man about the very same thing! I call autoinstruments and a place in NJ. Actually, the tach man was the about the same cost as the other two. He quoted me $265 to convert the 120 to 140 and the 6000 to 8000. That included recalibration. I didn't think that was too bad....

·
Registered
26 Posts
tachman here:
no, the price is 255.00 to convert a 120 to 140 and 6k to 8k shelby, i print on the dial, auto instruments uses hot stamping and you can scrape the numbers off with you fingers

NEW FROM THE TACHMAN!! we can restore you 69/70 main and clock side wood grain teac or walnut and replate you bezels, along wiht the usual 65-69 services, check out www.tachman.com/ford.htm and see all, 32 years restoring mustang instruments.
not being conceded but i am doing the dials for carroll shelby's continuation 67-69 shelbys. need i say more, I LOVE MUSTANGS!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I stand corrected!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I also recommend the Tachman. He did a nice job on the tach in my Rally Pac.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts