Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any dealing with the TACHMAN lately? What was your out come on the matter? Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
He fixed my rally pac some years ago, and was great to deal with.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I just had Tachman reface and recalibrate all of the gauges on my 67 instrument cluster (with tach and clock). I had him do the 3 wire tach and quartz clock upgrades too. The turnaround was pretty quick (maybe 2 weeks), the communication was good and the work (aesthetically) looks great. I just can't comment yet on how everything works as my fastback is in the paint shop right now. I have attached a picture of the entire cluster, complete with a new Burton Antiques bezel. I can't wait to get this installed!

Dcubedus

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
I had my Rotunda 8-grand tach fixed by Williamsons many years ago. They are now owned by someone else, so I don't know......

·
Registered
736 Posts
About 2 years ago for a 70 Mach 1. I sent him a non-op tach. He fixed it and it still works great. I highly recommend.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Most instrument repairers or those in the avionics industry should be able to do TACHS incl old Suns etc - some old radio technicians can be pretty good too, as there's both mechanical movement & electronics involved too.
Goodluck.
(I've rewired/modified some to work with different eng cyl #'s for eng swaps...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts