Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'66 NJ coupe

I was reviewing the electrical assembly manual and noticed a detail showing a grounding screw in the lower right inside corner of the tail light panel. Is this suposed to be a stud on the panel or is it the lower right corner mounting stud for the tail light? It is not a very clear detail in the book I have.

In other words, how should the ground lug for the rear wiring harness be attached?

G

·
For 65/66, the rear ground is accomplished with the mounting of the tail light bodies and the rear license plate light attaching to the rear bumper. When back-up lights are present, a grounding wire to one of the tail light body studs is used with an attaching star washer nut.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the star washer nut in addition to, or does it replace the standard tail light mounting nut?

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
I have an unusual grounding plate on the passenger side of my trunk lip on my '66 Convertible... It's held in by two small bolts. It looks identical to the grounding plates that you find usually on the passenger side cowl right before the hood as you open it up on '67 and later cars.. My '69 Falcon used to have one... Has anyone ever seen thing on a trunk??? on a '66 Convertible..??? I've never seen it on another '66...Then again I've only owned hardtops in the past... Anyone???

Thanks,

Tony Kovar
1966 Sprint 200 convertible

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any history on the car?

Sounds like someone had a light mounted on the trunk, maybe a third brake light?

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
No way.. This car is totally original... It was definately put there by Ford.. I will do more research on the part though..

Tony Kovar
1966 Sprint 200 convertible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts