Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding it extremely difficult to find some tail pipes for my 69. I need 2-1/2" for dual exhaust. All I can find are ones for 65-66 cars. Will these work? Also, I think I've seen a Flowmaster tail pipe set in a catalog, but I can't find it in any of my catalogs.

I'm thinking of changing my rear valance to the one with the exhaust cutouts and going with the gt style tips. I currently have dumps coming right off the mufflers.

I know someone here has the answer so thanks in advance...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Tail pipes for a 65-66 will not work. It is not necessary to buy a pre bent exhaust system when any muffler shop will custom bend and install pipes on your stang.And for a reasonable price.
Also remember, when installing factory tips through a GT rear valance, the factory measurements are as follows..... 1.5 inches from the top of the tip to the top of the valance cut out. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,989 Posts
...and the Flowmaster kit will fit, as well as the tailpipes listed above. You will never find a muffler shop that can bend pipes as good as the Flowmaster ones.....The tailpipes from Summit are $100

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
They are your best bet for pipes. Also there's a Summit 10% discount floating around and FREE SHIPPING. Don't go looking at a "Mustang Supplier" for parts that can be had anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts