Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
[color:blue]They all look very nice, How much do you have to spend?

I like the last one alot, How much are they asking for it?
if you have the 5 figures these people are asking you will have alot of cars to chose from. Take you time to find the "right" one for you....</font color=blue>

[color:green]Adam</font color=green>

Click Here to see my Website
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1590185&a=12106882&p=45943937&Sequence=0&res=high.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a lot of good people on the forum that can give you some specific advice about each car. Some of them looked really nice. My advice is, it's hard to by anything site unseen. Take someone along with you to look at each car that is knowledable and can tell you if the car is mechanically sound. Alternatively, take the car to a good mechanic and have them give it a complete inspection before you buy. It's well worth the money for them to do it.

The most important advice I'd give is to be patient. Don't jump into anything too fast. It's easy to fall in love with the first car you go and see, but hold out for exactly what you want and get it for a fair price. Cool off a little bit and think about it.

1967 coupe with vinyl top. 351W engine with C-4. Work in progress.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well take your time dont jump into buying the mustang! remember to take someone with you that knows a lot about them so they can check it out and not take you! remember to get one near you cuz it cost a lot of money to ship it to you unless you are going to get it! etc!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not bad. Keep looking, and you will find a deal!! Just be patient!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are all really nice cars. A couple even say they are show cars. You do not want to take a show car and turn it into a daily driver. A car that is not driven alot, will beging to have all kinds of mechanical problems when it is driven. I thought you wanted a convertible? Theres a 66 coupe down the road from me (in GA) for 4995.00 he'd probably take 4500 it's been there awhile. I've never stopped, but it looks like it'd be a good driver. 10k for a daily driver is really high, at least over here it is.

http://members.tripod.com/tangdar/
'67 Coupe project car (Did I say project car? I meant pile of rust)
http://www.americainter.net/~fevans/tangdar_flintstone.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I liked the second one....that 65 K Code Coupe. If I had to pick out of that group, thats the one I would get.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Mayra:
The 2 convertibles are both nice cars. Of the 2, I think the V8 car is the better value - at only $700 more than the 6 cylinder. It's also a true 65, which is easier to find parts for when it needs work.

As others have suggested, don't rush - there are tons of cars out there. You live right in the middle of Mustang Mecca (SoCal), so if you miss one deal, there are always others.

Like I suggested to you, get Dad (and Mom if you like) to take you to a show or two. If your Dad is like most of us, seeing cars from his youth, will get his enthusiasm going.

Knotts is next weekend. I think you got most of the details in other posts. It's a great show and should have plenty of fine examples of what kind of potential these cars have. You'll also get a chance to meet some of the folks who frequent this site. All are stand-up folks and would be willing to help you and your dad find the right car.

Good luck. Keep us posted on your car search.

Glenn Morgan: 66 GT V-Burgundy Fastback 351w+toploader+9 in. TracLoc. Started out as a rusted-out Chicago-area crusher. After sacrificing a solid 66 coupe for its sheetmetal sub-assemblies, I have one solid (and expensive) work in progress!

·
Registered
514 Posts
The first one they want too much for.

The second one may be a 64 1/2 but that pony interior isn't original, that option came out in 65 1/2

The third one is a K coupe, a real performance collectors item, but not really what you want considering the higher buy-in and more expensive engine parts.

The Fourth one is a show car. Not what you want for a daily driver. Not only would you be afraid to drive it for fear of it getting scratched you may have mechanical problems as show cars get few or no miles.

The fifth one looks pretty good. It's 'vert, which is what you want, has A/C; which is GOOD. It's also a V-8 but not the super hi-po K-code so it'll have good pick-up and but it's cheaper. Just make sure to check that car for RUST. This is the bane of all convertibles. Everything else is easy to fix, it's the rust that's the killer. One way to check a convertible for bad rust is to check how the doors fit. If the doors hit the sills or the jambs then the body is probably sagging; look elsewhere. Many times they'll say the door alignment just needs to be adjusted, but I'll bet you it's the unibody.

The last one looks like more of a hot-rod. A nice car but probably not what your interested in.

HTH, good luck

http://216.71.48.244/archive/mikecar.jpg

65 Fastback 289 4spd in storage :-(
91 CRX Si... A.K.A. my go-kart with AC!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Mayra ~ just a couple of suggestions.

First, get that "desperate" out of your signature and mind. That kind of thinking can produce disastrous results and a purchase you'll regret.

Second, decide exactly what you want. There are so many Mustangs out there. If you settle for a burgundy fastback when what you really, truly wanted was a blue convertible with a white ragtop, you will never be completely happy with your car.

And lastly, be sure that someone knowledgeable helps you. When I bought my car (I knew *exactly* what I wanted, including color, and wouldn't have considered anything else), I had a trusted car-buff friend go look at the car for me (I was 3 hours away). He did a preliminary assessment, took it for a drive, etc. Then when he called and said it was worth a look, I took another Mustang friend with me. We went over every inch of that car; body, undercarriage, engine, interior, etc; and took it for a fairly long test drive, before I made an offer. Of course, there was no assurance that the car wouldn't fall apart on the way home ~ this is the chance you take when buying an old car, but at least I felt like I'd done my due diligence before I made the decision to purchase.

JMHO

Jill(CA)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1262793&a=12244904&p=44550064&Sequence=0&res=high.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd go with the 1965 k- code, because of the low original miles and the hipo engine and 4 speed manual trans. How much was it, I didn't see a price

1 - 13 of 13 Posts