Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lookin around at different websites and came up on this site and the first picture on this page is of a 70 mach 1 the wheel that is on the front can anyone tell me what they are I know where there is another mach 1 that has a complete set of these wheels on it and i have never seen another set any Ideas guys?

http://www.carsinbarns.com/Blue Ovals In Barns/pg31.html

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,684 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I remember seeing those back in the day withg a bif "A" on them for Ansen.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Those ones on the yellow Mach1 are not factory Ford Mustang II wheels. The Mustang II wheels had a radiused lip while the ones on the Yellow car are step down design.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,684 Posts
I agree, since the Mustang II used 4 lug hubs and '70 Mustangs used 5 lugs. Most likely either a mid '70's Torino or aftermarket wheel.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think that the front wheel on the Mach 1 were from a company called E-T.
They were popular in the 80's.
You can still find the odd set at a flea market and when you do, they're usually pretty cheap.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ones that are on the mach 1 I have seen have a ford logo cast into them but I cant remember seeing a casting number There is a Local Mustang shop here that has offered quite a bit of money for them but wouldnt talk about what they are off of and He has been dealing in mustangs since the early seventies so I cant help but be courious They are 15" I think and I am pretty sure that they didnt come off of any of the mustang II's
and I hav never seen any on a Torino or anything else that I remember Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ooops my bad,forgot that mine were 4 lug design. I have seen those wheels on several different ford models though(maverick,granada,LTD11,ford elite)they also sold them at western wheel stores back in the day. Check out craigslist in your area(just post a pic of the wheels you are looking for and I bet some one has a set laying around.

Dave

·
Registered
787 Posts
Set of 4 aluminum rims. 15 X 7. 4 1/2 " bolt pattern. Need a little cleanup, but that's all. Will fit Dodge or Ford Full size van, but also some Mini vans. Small Bolt pattern. $100 for all 4. Contact Will at 612-247-7064.

I found you a set of four for sale here in MN.

Dave

·
Registered
84 Posts
When I bought my 70 fastback 24 years ago there was a set of them on the back, they looked a little dated even then. I'm also thinking the were made by ET. I still have them but they are a little hard to get to at the moment or I would look for you. I should post them in the free stuff section sometime, I had forgotten I even had them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
JeffTepper: What rims are on the car in your signiture? I have a 65 F/B close to your color and I am looking for rims. I really like yours.
Thanks
David

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have a set of those for my 69 mustang....I figured they were ford wheels but never really looked too close at them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
FWIW, Ford did produce wheels that looked similar.
They put them on Crown Vics sometime around the early '90's.
IIRC they were 16" diameter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts