Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're floating away down here already and they're calling for two more inches tonight. That ought to snuff out a few fires anyway then we can get back to what's left of summer, if there's anything left at all; geez I hope so..

There, I feel better now. ::

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Summer? What's that? :: I was 30 mins. late to work because idiots here don't know how to drive when it rains.

The rain has actually been a nice change. Although, I wouldn't mind if summer stayed around for at least a few more weeks. :)

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah but we have four more sunny days and I savor every one of them!

I think two of them are supposed to be in August.. ;)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I made the comment today, "gee, its nice to have a little rain" to my wife...then, tonight, on my way to Home Depot with my 4 year old daughter I get pulled over by a State Patroll officer for driving a "stolen" Jeep. My 4 year old was very upset and thought I was going to jail, but the cop "mis-read" my licence plate "because it was dark and rainy". He apologized. I suggested he get glasses :eek: ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Rains been nice on this side too...Almost forgot what it was like without enough smoke in the air to block out the sun! :: ::

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Thanks to this rain, a raging brush fire was stopped just acres away from our hunk of land in the mountains. Also, I'm looking forward to getting back to work on the Mustangs. Seems when the weather's nice, we're never home, but rain = shop time!

·
Registered
454 Posts
.......... but rain = shop time!
Especially for me this year. :) After the fun (NOT) I had this summer putting up the retaining walls (and still aren't complete) , SWMBO gave me the winter off to work on the '71 :: :: ::
I even signed up for a welding class at the local community college-----so look out!!

BTW, it can stop raining now----I've had enough THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :p

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
A little hint for the welding class. :: DO NOT WEAR ripped up jeans with loose threads on the bottom of the pants legs. :: Your leg will loose a lot of hair ,you will be looking for a water hose very fast and the Indian dance that has been wanting to come out , Will find it's way. :D :D ::

Troy with experience of this. ::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts