Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, down the road when I get ready to paint the 1970 Sports roof, I was thinking about putting / adding the scoops on the side like the 69 Mach1, It is a resto mod and I allways thought that the scoops on the side was very good looking. Give me your thoughts.

Tiggermom thinks that it would be cool, help me!!!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Try using Photoshop (or similar) to combine the upper '69 body with the front and lower side of a '70. Personally, I like the side scoop on the '69 fastbacks and think it would look good.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I have always like the side scoops on the 69 fastback as well. I would try to find a donor car to get the inner sheet metal piecese from. It would make the job alot easier.

If the car has it's original panels then I would leave it alone but if the panels have been patched then I would add the scoops.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Personally, I think the scoops make that car! Since you are doing a restomod and originality isn't an issue, then I can't see there would be much of a downside. Even if you sell the car you will be selling a restomod so the market of potential owners probably won't be worried about originality.
If you like it...do it.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, came from the factory w/ a 302. It's already been mod'ed. It has a 351w and a hood scoop with the blinkers ( not working ) I am going to stroke it and put in a 9" rear end, What does it matter, if I add a few more mods??

Please any one, do not be scared to hurt ny feelings, I own a bussness, I have no feelings :: :( :(.

Well, except when it comes to tiggermom and the VMF :: ::

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Go for it, it would look cool! ::

·
Registered
792 Posts
I am a huge fan of the scoops on a 69. Be prepared to deal with the quarter windows being in the way of the install though. If you need some pm me I have a line on some.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
David, I'll take some pics for you in the morning, since I have the entire interior of the '69 gutted right now. There's some bracets in there that hold it all together.

It would look very cool, IMHO. I love the scoops of the '69, and the front scoops of the '70. I contemplated doing the front of my '69 like a '70.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look forward to the pics, thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts