Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 72 fastback and i got the passenger side seat out but the drivers side seat is giving me problems i got the two front nuts out, but i cant even see the rear two nuts and i cant latch a hold of them and i have a huge attachment. Anyone got any ideas on what i should do or what i have to do thank you???????l

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The drivers seat shouldn't be much more a problem than the passengers seat... The 2 front bolts are flat against the floor and the 2 rear bolts are perpendicular to it. Slide the seat up as far as it will go and have a look, I didn't have any problems pulling mine, just used a rachet w/ and extension.

-Jason

'72 Mach 1 || '90 Talon TSi AWD
http://nosaj122081.tripod.com/parade3.jpg
"Thats not a leak, my car's marking its territory!"
"If you've done it, it ain't braggin'." -Roy Rogers

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had some trouble with the front bolts on the driver side because the po scooted the seat up a few inches into some new holes he drilled. i couldnt get a socket on it because the nut was right against something? cant remember what, guess the floorpan where it bends down. well anyhow, had to use a crows foot to slowly (and i mean slowly) take off the nuts. after that i put the seats back where they belong and had no problems.

Corpus Christi TX

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Got huge attachment do you. That's what they all say. Only my wife knows for sure about my attachment.

John

[color:blue]66 coupe 289 2v C4 needs restore</font color=blue>
[color:blue]70 coupe 351W 2v c4 almost done (?)</font color=blue>
[color:red]71 coupe 302 2v C4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts