Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHile SWMBO and I were waiting for our spot to go in the Coast Guard Parade today in GRand HAven MI. There was a guy in his mid 50's that had an 03 Cobra that was going to take Mrs. Michigan in the parade. He Dynoed the car at 481 RWHP and 493 lbs of Torque!. Yes you read that right 481 REAR WHEEL HP. He showed me the dyno sheet that he had. When he went in for the dyno he had changed the throttle body and put headers on it. His first pull was 400 RWHP and 431 TQ. The only change they made was putting a smaller pully on the Supercharger so it would spin faster. That Lumped him to the 481 HP and 493 TQ. This guy is nuts, His next stpe is to put a NOS system in that is happening in a couple of weeks. He will be putting 750hp at the fly wheel with the NOS System. He can not run street tires even at mild acceleration the tires sprin so fast he can't get traction. So he runs a street track slick's. Just talking with the guy you would never guiess he was a closet gear head. He just can't get enough power. Really really nice guy. he runs at a 1/4 mile track up north at Stanton Mi. he said last week he spanked a viper set up for drag racing. If I haden't seen the dyno sheets I would have never believed it. His wife picked the car out and loves it.
Man oh man I can only dream!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
what are you waiting for. fbd is ready for a new engine anyway aint she. :: i'll buy your old engine what do you say. TFOB NEEDS MORE POWER!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Yeah, one of my employees has an 03 Cobra (you might remember him from the Corn Feed). He keeps offering to let me take it for a spin, but the thing is just scary fast. He takes his to open track events - good for him! I think the only thing he's done to it (outside of going through racing tires by the score) is a new exhaust setup. I'm not sure he feels the need to modify it - it's already so darn fast!

-bob

·
Registered
680 Posts
At our Mustang clubs last Dyno Day, we had a member that travels alot. He doesn't get to too many meetings, or get to drive his Cobra. He put it on the dyno just for fun. It is a 2003 convert Cobrs with 2000 miles, and just had it's first oil change....
It dynoed at 380 r.w.hp...
That supercharger is fantastic....

Steve

·
Registered
553 Posts
i've got a friend with an 03 Cobra vert and it is totally off the wall. it will flat out put you in the seat when he gets on it. i would love to have one but there is no way i could afford it, so i will have to settle for a Mach 1 which i probably cant afford either. :p

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
i have a bud who has an 03 , and his dynoed at 475 HP, and that car is UNREAL fast .... i really wish i was the child of a rich man , so he could buy me an 03 cobra... those cars are completly amazing .

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The super charged ford modular motors are awesome. My Lightning has a chip, supercharger pulley that adds another 5 lbs of boost, electric fan and bone stock exhaust. My best time is a 12.29 on slicks, theres guys running 10's without nitrous . Not bad for a 5800lb TRUCK!. When your foots to the floor It smokes the tires on the 1-2 shift and will get rubber on the 3-4 shift too.. And the handling and braking would surprise most sportscar owners... Simply amazing.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I post on other sites, and there are several cars that have changed to a Kenne Bell S/C and have a custom tune, they are getting 600+ RWHP. One guy drove his on the HotRod Power Tour, he dyno'd it and proved how much he had. He drove the whole route with his A/C.

Handmade engines will probably have some issues, especially since so many people are modifying these cars already. I just wish I had one, but I can't imagine modifying it and voiding the factory warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts