Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not dead, I've just been in hybernation. Let's see, just to give you a run down.....Some of you may remember, that I was haveing trouble with my wife and step-son several months back. Well, I have resolved the problems; I moved out 2 months ago. I have stated parting out the '67 don't figure I'll have the time or money to complete it so I'm cutting my losses on it. I've started preping the '73 for a paint job. I figure I'll do the weekend warrior route with it, and working on variuos portions of it as time and money allow. It's a good driver, just needs some TLC. Oh, almost forgot, I had shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago, and I'm already sanding oh the '73.....not bad huh?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Welcome back! Hope things work out for you. Too bad about the 67. I have a buddy doing a 67, what kind af parts you trying to move?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome back tangdar i wasnt here when u were here but im been here for a while and im new to you, sorry to hear what happened alot of happens well welcome back and hope u get that 73 painted!

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
You have been a busy man.

I am sorry to hear about the '67 as well as the other problems you have been having and I hope things all work out in your best interests.

Welcome back to the fold.

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
4,398 Posts
Good therapy, VMF, welcome back!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Welcome back, I hope you can patch things with the Family.
But you still got us!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
I wondered what happend to you. Glad you are back...... Sorry to hear about the family though.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Welcome back. Sorry to hear that things have been rough on the family side and that the '67 won't make it back on the road. But good luck with the '73.

If it means anything, when things aren't going well, I always remember a grandmother who appeared on the Academy Awards show a few years back. She was a Nazi death camp survivor who'd lost most of her family at Auschwitz. I tried to picture her as a frightened, starving, beaten prisoner in the camp and visualize what her reaction would have been to know that not only was she going to survive, but in her later years she would be seen on television by billions and surrounded by what passes in America for royalty, all of whom were applauding her. If there is anything at all that tells us the darkest moments can give way to the brightest sunshine, it is her story. Time (and faith) has a way of closing painful doors and opening hopeful ones.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,484 Posts
I was starting to wonder where you got off to. Sounds like you've been making some major lifestyle adjustments. Shame about the 67. Well, I can't help it! I'm a gearhead, what can I say.
Been there, done that with the "cut your losses". About 5 years ago. It still bothers me once in a while. I still haven't come up with something(s) I could have done to make it work. I'm positive that I am better off out of it though. I suspect you are too. Yes, I remember those posts. Glad you're back posting again.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
The only thing that is constant is change.

Welcome back! Too bad you couldn't just find a rust free shell to drop your good parts into. I agree, even mustangs sometimes get too far gone to be worth saving, sad but true. Some times other things in life are similar..... *G*

So, you're going to paint the '73? I just shot my 'bird with DAR 9000. Wow, what a difference a new coat of paint makes.

Glad to see you back!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome Back TangDar!!!!!!!!!! :)

Glad to see ya back, I even become a daddy since you were last here!!! See what you missed!!! Glad to see you back!!!!!
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome back, Hate to hear about all of the problems you've been dealing with, hope everything comes out for the best.
Dan

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Hey, welcome back! Sorry to hear about the problems, and too bad about the 67. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Glad to have you back though. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

PS. Bill, I know the woman you're talking about and I actually met her last year. She came to our school and told everyone the story. Very, very good (and emotional) story. I only remember her last name, and I don't remember exactly how to spell it...Blumenthal...yeah that looks right. Hehe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the welcome backs. I've still got the shell which needs qtr's. All of the big stuff is gone (ie doors, hood, fenders) I've still got a lot the small stuff, nothing is show quality, but most would make good daily driver parts. What are you looking for?

·
Registered
657 Posts
To be honest, I don't have a clue. I will have to give him a call and ask him.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
I wondered where the heck you had been /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Welcome back!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rod, I'm considering going with red w/mach 1 stripes on my '73 coupe. Do you have some more pics of your car?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I just got it out of the body shop and am still piecing things in. I could probably have you some this coming weekend. That be alright?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts