Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the general idea of the difference between the two, but I am wondering what difference I will notice if I installed one or the other? I am seriously considering the Holly TBI 750 cfm kit.

I know the MPFI is better, but I don't really know why it would be better.

Thanks,
wsgts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Let me start out by saying I'm no expert here.
with mpfi, you will get better throdle response due to the fact that you are shooting the fuel right at the intake valve, right when it opens. you will get better economy (slightly) and (slightly) more power because the computer is better able to manage the fuel delivery. tbi is more of a computer controlled carbureater, in the sense that it still uses an intake manafold to distribute the fuel to the respective cylinders.
I'm sure someone else can add to what i said.

- Jason

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
If you run a oem ford mass air set up its a bolt on and go deal, no computer calibration is necessary, it also makes any modifications you might have or may add in the future very easy. Plus the car will run nicer than a TBI setup, and can be serviced and diagnosed at any ford dealer. Cost will probably be similar, maybe less if you buy the major ford components used. In fact theres a complete 5.0L HO setup on E B A Y now that still bidding under $1000. check out 2426751929 ...

EDIT: I now see you're running a cleveland... sorry scratch that plan..lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts