Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Vendor
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Some of our attention has been diverted to another project but we have made some headway on some sheet metal and windows.
With some pretty heavy modifications the one piece windows are in.

Billet hinges

Here is a shot of the top of the inner fender overlay

Lots of cutting, grinding, welding and filling later......

Pedal assembly/firewall (Danny is going to shoot me for posting pics before he was able to smooth the welds)

Cowl vents removed

-J

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Can you or info on the mods to the door to accomodate the one piece door glass? How are you reinforcing the door shell?

·
Vendor
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Can you or info on the mods to the door to accomodate the one piece door glass? How are you reinforcing the door shell?

The tracks were pretty heavily modified in order for the window to roll down all the way but the door itself doesn't have any extra reincorcement.

Big changes in the transmission department. Modern Driveline helped us out on a T56 Magnum, Quicktime bell housing and a McLeod clutch.

-J

·
Registered
68 Posts
holy awesome batman...(after making that statement, it seems to me, that is a vehicle i could honestly see batman driving in, especially being matte black haha)

·
Registered
860 Posts
J, Looks great, what is that bar going from the firewall to the front in the right side of the picture? Any more pictures of the engine compartment with the braces?

·
Vendor
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Are you going to be offering those bars as a kit to add to the TCI front suspension conversion? It looks sweet!
Craig

The bars on this car will only fit the '67. We ended up making some for the early cars about a year ago but each time they still required "cut to fit". We had sold a few of them but we were losing money each time. They'd have to sell for $700+ (plain) for us to make it worth while.

Ryan @ Stang-Aholics would offer a group buy if demand is high enough but that is up to him.

-J

·
Vendor
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
how about a cut and weld together kit? That would make it fit more years , correct?
Just a thought.
I'd buy one
Craig

What I'd really like to see them do is adapt the adjustable down bars we use on the Novas onto the Mustang, Fairlane and Falcon front ends. It may not be as many bars but it would certainly be a lot easier to package and much less expensive.

21 - 40 of 123 Posts