Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, There have been 41 looks and nobody has done it yet, Mr TCI, have you installed a FE Engine in a 1967 fastback with your system yet, I will be calling in the morning to find out, I still do not understand why the engine will be raised and the tranny and engine will sit back from the stock location. please answer my questions or call me at 415-559-0997 thanks Pat.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to thank Sal for being concerned about my problem, after our phone call, Sal went and got a set of motor mounts and spent 12 hours working on them and he believes that we should not have a problem anymore, the mounts will allow me to move the engine forward and down some more, hopefully this will solve the clearance issue of the top 2 trans bolts and not have to slot the trans mount at all. He is shipping the mounts out today, so I will do a mock up of the engiine and trans when I get the car back to my shop.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
What kit did you install?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Awesome

Any pics yet? I'd love to get mine handling better, its very good for what it is, but I'd love to get it towards modern standards

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome

Any pics yet? I'd love to get mine handling better, its very good for what it is, but I'd love to get it towards modern standards
hoping to get some pictures this weekend, parts showed up at the shop the is installing the cross member, then I am bring it to my shop to do the rest.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am in the process of installing my TCI front this week. It is going in a 68 Fastback. I ordered it with small block mounts but I am now thinking I will not be putting the 289 back in. I want to instead put my 428 in. I assumed I would just have to get the FE mounts, correct? I didnt want to have to relocate the toploader. I am just to the point of cutting out the shock towersnow. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Craig

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am in the process of installing my TCI front this week. It is going in a 68 Fastback. I ordered it with small block mounts but I am now thinking I will not be putting the 289 back in. I want to instead put my 428 in. I assumed I would just have to get the FE mounts, correct? I didnt want to have to relocate the toploader. I am just to the point of cutting out the shock towersnow. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Craig
wish I could answer that for you, I believe the cross member goes in the same place on all of them, I would call and ask for Sal, great person, he is the V.P. of the company. post pictures

·
Vendor
461 Posts
Craig
I just confirmed it with Sal, the FE will fit with the original SBF style crossmember we supplied you with. So you won't need to send your crossmember back to us.

The 460 however, will require the Modular crossmember.

-J

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
still looking for someone who has done this install, Anyone???????? beginning to have second thoughts on this, but the towers have already been removed, shame on me for not doing more research on this.:shrug:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any updates? I have kind of put my project on hold until I see how you have resolved your FE issues. No cutting yet here. Mainly because I am in the middle of planting , spraying, and prepping irrigation systems for use. Oh yea and then there is the wifes pontoon boat. No time for me!
Craig

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome

OK, the front suspension & motor mounts are starting to go in.

new front Radiator support that is not beat up

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any updates? I have kind of put my project on hold until I see how you have resolved your FE issues. No cutting yet here. Mainly because I am in the middle of planting , spraying, and prepping irrigation systems for use. Oh yea and then there is the wifes pontoon boat. No time for me!
Craig
I am hoping to do a mock up within the next month when I get my car back to my shop, I plan on installing it with the short block and trans using the stock trans mount for locating the engine, most likely going to have to modify the cross member and engine mounts which I hope is not a big deal, I am already thinking of ways to do the mounts. When I do that, I will take more pictures and send them to Sal as well as post's them up here and other sites, so people will know what needs to be done to install the FE and a automatic trans. using the TCI kit.

·
Vendor
461 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts