Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on purchasing one of these in the future. I have a couple of questions I hope you guys can answer.
1) If I purchase a manual rack, can I convert it to a power unit later on by just adding hoses and the appropriate powers steering pump and pulley? If so, do you just plug the ends were the hoses would fit until you are ready to drop the extra $600 for the pump, or is it a completely different unit?
2)What is the turning radius on these two units when installed on a 65 coupe? I know that the lock to lock is 2.5 for the steeroids and 3 for the TCP.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
According to the previous owners of TCP, you can't convert manual rack to power. My '67 was PO's abandoned project. He bought the TCP manual rack but never installed it. I asked TCP and they would gladly trade my uninstalled manual rack for a new power rack for only $1500.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the Steeroids power steeringrack. It is internally lubricated, so it can be operated without a power steering pump without causing damage. Adding the hoses and pump as you describe would be possible. Feel free to contact SpeedDirect's tech help. they have been very good to work with.

Best,

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts