Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on changing out my Mach I's strut rods with the TCP strut rods. I snapped four on my last Mustang and the TCP strut rod looks like a better unit. My Mach I is in much better shape than my last Mustang, but I still don't trust the strut rods. I figure if I'm gonna change that I might as well change out the control arms as well.

My question is what kind of difference would going with coilovers instead of staying with springs and shocks make? I checked on the price of coilovers and them boys ain't cheap. =) How long should they last?

If there wouldn't be a huge, noticable difference I think I'd stay with springs/shocks and save the money.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I actually had a kit on order for a short time and then I cancelled it because TCP is so far behind on order fulfillment. The message board on their homepage is pretty good at answering questions about their products, and I give them credit for not filtering the content too much. I actually pointed out that they give the wrong advice on the subframe connectors and they put it up there and included their own take.

On the coilovers I have no first hand experience, I just know that those who I have spoken to who have made the upgrade on other cars rave about the difference. Don't forget that you also get a ton of adjustability with them too. You can set ride stiffness and ride height with a few turns of a spanner wrench.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the strut rods started breaking after I put a new poly bushing kit from Mustangs Plus on the car. From reading previous posts I've learned the error of my ways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts