Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I purchase a brand new tcp power rack and pinion minus everything needed to install it. My 68 already has a tcp Coilover kit so I figure the tcp rack would compliment the improved handling. Anywho I was wondering if any of you might know where i can purchase most of the needed parts other than going through TCP. TCP is a great company but there prices are way up there and I am hoping I can save some money and find some of the parts elsewhere. I just purchased a KRC pump and bracket from someone on Craigslist. The parts i still need are the low and high pressure hoses and hose connectors, 2-3 groove crank pulley (crank has no AC or power steering) and hardware(2 u-joints, intermediate shaft, eccentric eliminator hardware, frame spacers, lower slip shaft and roller bearing assembly for the steering column. I think that's it. Any suggestions, feedback, links, part offers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rudy

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I bought a display unit for a steal at about $750 or something, but had to buy all the hardware at almost $250. You should be able to get hoses, connectors and crank pulleys anywhere. But found some of the hardware difficult to piece together. They don't sell small pieces separately, but they do sell the sub kits.

I wrote about this on my project thread Poor man

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Can't help with a whole lot, but I can tell you that you can make your power steering hoses yourself. I made both of mine when Unisteer's weren't working for me and they are leak-free. Russell sells high-pressure stainless steel braided hose and compression AN fittings that you can use to make the lines.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Mustmatt I notice you had an extra piece of dd shaft when you installed your rack ...would you happen to still have it?...I will buy it off you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my car is a 68 so I actually need the Lower slip shaft that connects to the upper shaft...not sure where to find it..anywho you can call or text me at 7143769781

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there ''Under Power Steering'' is the place in Orange County to have your Steering Rack and Pinion, Power Steering Pump, Gearbox, etc repair for a great price. They can also rebuild your old core if they don't have it in stock. They're located in Buena Park right by Knotts Berry Farm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts