Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

About 1 year ago i bought the TCP subframe connectors with the x-brace. I seem to have misplaced the x-brace bolts and spacers. Does anyone here know where i would be able to get them? or what parts to get at the hardware store?

Thanks!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would either call TCP and they might sell you a kit or give you a parts list. Since you already bought their kit it's not like you're trying to reverse engineer it over the phone or something.

Or just get out the calipers and measure everything, clearance holes are typically .030" over. Also, I wouldnt use anything less then grade 5 hardware.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i didn't have spacers. i'm a 67. are you welding the connectors on? if so, do a mock fit of it all. i had to adjust a factory subframe that wasn't welded all the way and was too far inboard. if welding be careful the subframes are very thin. you sorta have to build-weld. as for the bolts, you should be able to figure out the size and length. most hardware stores stock grade 8's.

·
Registered
307 Posts
TCP's connectors are not thin, they are in fact one of the heaviest! You'll blow through the stock rails before you do the subframes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts