Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a tear drop hood for my 65,I wonder if anybody might have one for sale or have any dealings with crities of Ohio ? I f you have got one from them was there a lot to fitting it ? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I have a Crites dual scoop hood for my wifes 64 Comet that we test fitted. I was actually impressed with the quality. Any fiberglass hood will need work. It's just the way it is. Can't comment on the Mustang hood though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cmefly when you say they need work what are you refering to ? I have never done body work so I have no idea, THANKS

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Its just a lot of prep work. You have to test fit it and possibly build or shave some edges for gap issues.Then spray it several times with a polyester primer and block sand it down to get a nice smooth finish ready to paint. Then there are the hinge springs and latch decisions, pins or no, then color matching....It would look good, but a lot more to it than just buying the hood and putting it on. Could you do all that other than the actual painting? Go for it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts