Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've posted this in another thread, got ignored. I sent an email to Cindy, got ignored.
Now I'm calling you out, TMI!! :pirate:

In the latest MM ad, there is a small photo of what appears to be either a full skin door panel or maybe its just the way the photo looks. But there is a new Sport Seat II/R door panel for the '65-'66 with the proper arm rest clearance for these new seats.

When will we see better photos? When will they be available?
Another-words.....
Take my money!!

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any update on a timeline for these to hit the store shelves?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I saw a bunch of their new stuff at the Ford Nationals show in Carlisle. The door panel is a full panel similar to 69 style. Very nice piece. The newest Sport R upholstery - very nice. The new full length console - very nice. It is all top notch quality stuff. I completed my interior about 2 years ago. I wish some of these items were on the market back then.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a bunch of their new stuff at the Ford Nationals show in Carlisle. The door panel is a full panel similar to 69 style. Very nice piece. The newest Sport R upholstery - very nice. The new full length console - very nice. It is all top notch quality stuff. I completed my interior about 2 years ago. I wish some of these items were on the market back then.
Thanks Redcoupe. I've got the Sport Seat R's and I'm about to start installing them. I had no idea TMI was coming out with a full interior package, and my timing is perfect with my build. I almost pulled the trigger on deluxe door panels and I saw the ad with the small teaser photo of the door panels. I've got time on my side, so when they come out, I'll be ready.
I see in your sig line you are running the Versailles rear. How's that working out, brake wise? How about wheels? How wide and what BS are you running? Any rub issues?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Just an update on the panels - currently working on the guide/part numbers here - we hope to have these to market by the end of July. I'll be sure to keep the forum updated.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
How about a picture so we all know what we are talking about??

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is the total "thickness" oe width of the panels at the widest point, if I may ask? The reason I ask is that I took a measurement between my newly covered Sport R's last night, and without a door panel on there now, I get just under 2" between the outside of the seats bolster and the head of one of the screws that sits under the door panel. I don't want my seat and door rubbing.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
What is the total "thickness" oe width of the panels at the widest point, if I may ask? The reason I ask is that I took a measurement between my newly covered Sport R's last night, and without a door panel on there now, I get just under 2" between the outside of the seats bolster and the head of one of the screws that sits under the door panel. I don't want my seat and door rubbing.
Hello Scott - I don't have a measurement on hand but rest assured we of course took our Sport II and Sport R seats into the utmost consideration when we designed the Sport Door Panel. The picture below is our show car we took to SEMA last year and it has both the Sport R and the new Door Panels installed and the door close perfectly.

The only issue that could arise is if the bolsters were not tacked down as tight as they can be around the insert section. Seeing as though the bolsters are simply made up of molded foam - they can be stretched outward if the upholstery is tacked to tightly on the back of the seat. This can easily stretch out the bolsters and widen the seat to a point that it will definitely hit the door panel. But when installed correctly there is plenty of room between the two.

I'll see if i can't track down a measurement.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Waylon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts