Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t seen this here, I may have overlooked it, but apparently the 10 millionth mustang has recently come off the line.

10 Millionth Ford Mustang has been leaked | Mustang Fan Club

My understanding is that it’s a Wimbleton white convertible, supposedly like first one off the line. Ford has made no official announcement.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
That's a lot of Mustangs!

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Did they bring Wimbledon White back or is it Oxford White?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Cool story if it is true, and judging by the pictures provided, it sure appears to be Wimbleton White. They used it for the 2015, 50th anniversary (limited edition) models, so if this is indeed true, I am sure they would bring it back for it too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the articles I read said they brought back Wimbledon White for that one car.

Does anyone happen to know where the 10 million mark lies in the history of car production. I’m sure some have made more, like the 20 something million VW Bugs, but in American cars I bet few, if any, top 10 million.

I tried to figure it out but my google foo is messed up. :shrug:

·
Registered
9,879 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
In addition to the Beetle there were:

Toyota Corolla 40 million
Ford F Series 40 million
The VW Golf 30 million

Honda Civic 20 million
Opel Corsa 18 million
Nissan Sunny 16 million
The Model T 16 million.
BMW 3 Series 14 million
Chevrolet Impala 14 million
Lada Riva 13.5 million
The Renault Clio 12 million
Oldsmobile Cutlass 12 million

·
Super Moderator
8,860 Posts
Cool story, ten million of anything is a lot.

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Fomoco is pretty shrewd about stuff like this. I'll bet they kept it. By the way, the 14th Million modet T is in the Henty Ford Museum

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Yeah, Ford has a history of keeping all the important stuff (which I would do too) so this one is probably going to go on some kind of tour and end up in a Museum.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think the interesting story line here is they made over a million in the first two years of production (1966), but it took another 52 years to get to 10 million

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
If you lined up all 10,000,000 Mustangs bumper-to-bumper how many times would they circle the earth at the equator?

Be a fun project to figure out... the production numbers and lengths by year are out there. If I can remember, I might look into it this weekend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts