Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pick up several pieces at the local powdercoating shop today, including the spare tire wheel and jack handle for my coupe. The other pieces were for my fastback. Well, I paid for the items and drove around the side to pick up everything. They couldn't find my stuff! Finally, after about 10 minutes (and my describing the parts several times), the supervisor came out with Murphy's wheel and jack handle. Boy, was I relieved! I also got the rest of the items, but it was the original equipment I didn't want to lose. Seems somebody forgot to put tags on everything and this is a big shop. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Yeah, I'd have brain fade too if working around a powdercoat oven in AZ heat all day...

*G*

I'm done in the shop at noon....customers can complain all they want, but I'm not going to kill myself in this heat.....even at 10 pm (I'm getting ready to go back to work shortly) last night, it was still miserable welding...

With a lousy stock market, oppressive heat, drought and the AZ firestorms, everyone is just frazzled...hang in there!

Glad it worked out...

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're now in the Spotted Car Season here in Tucson--the monsoons have arrived! It's no longer a dry heat, but it's still hot. We actually have had some wet stuff falling out of the sky for 30 seconds or so the last couple of days. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Its very easy to lose items in a shop like that even if it was a smaller shop like the ones we have around hear. If its not tagged then the guy has to sit there and try to remember whos stuff is whos. The shops hear do parts in batches only. Its too costly to run just a few parts through. Glad to see you have your stuff back...

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that's what they did, run my stuff with other parts. I didn't get mad, just worried for a short while, but the supervisor was going to chew his guys out for not tagging the stuff. I have a feeling this has happened before. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least they did a good job and I didn't have to go inside and find them myself. I was ready to do that, however!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I bought the Eastwood system last year and am in the process of powdercoating EVERYTHING that will either fit in the oven or in front of the lamp!!! I even am PC'ing the bolts! Ever see fender bolts that don't rust? Unfortunately, the motor was already assembled, so the block was just painted (heads will fit in the oven!). I'm even having the calipers disassembled so they can get coated! Anyone have an oven big enough for the car?

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We thought about doing that, too, but we figured we had enough toys for now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Maybe next year....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts