Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on putting back a FoMoCo dizzy in the Cat. I'm sitting on a later vacuum advance.... one of the sealed units with molded fitting. Is there a way to easily test it off the car?

Yeah, it's not the right unit for the '67, but I'll replace it eventually.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I concur with Lemondrop Steve. Suck on the dizzy vacuum tube. You should be able to rotate the advance plate with moderate sucking. I know when I first got my coupe together it wouldn't move. A little clean up and lithium grease freed it right up, and she's been advancing fine for years.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Somehow, this feels like a setup for a practical joke, but OK.... A-sucking I shall go.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
but OK.... A-sucking I shall go.
Ain't that the truth....

::

Any sort of suction device and a bit of hose should do the trick as well... maybe even like a big medical syringe (that uses the small tubing, not the needles) that you'd be able to extract the air with...

I remember back in the day a friend of mine made a robot arm using "hydraulics" through those kinda tubes and syringes....

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that you're more sophisticated than that.... Had to break out the small words for others. Never let it be said that I don't look out for the little guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts