Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Texas 2017 November cruise

12K views 183 replies 26 participants last post by  tx65coupe 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

As some of you may know, we (Susana and me) are going to Texas, to meet my friend Alan, at the end of October until November 7th. A 14 days-trip so far were we look forward to drive and enjoy my 66 C-code Ragtop around the Texas Hill Country, and meet some friends while there.!

There is still time, but less than 3 months from now, so just to remember, we already have a date, Saturday November 4th, to go for a cruise with several VMFers, hope many more will join us for the day so we can have a memorable Mustang day.!
Members that have agreed to come, upon availability, are awhtx, Kelly_H, Coupster, Fair Oaks Mustang....myself.! and guess many more will sign up for the show so we can do a great parade..!! Maybe we can start building a list with potencial members that would like to join, so check your agenda now and put your name in the list soon.!! The more we will be, the more we will laugh..!!

Stay tuned for more info and see y'all soon.!

https://wordpress.com/post/mymustangintexas.wordpress.com/15

Josep

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm in! hopefully with a few mustangs!

#7 ·
I will try to join as well. Because right now with 103deg weather, just feels too hot. Is that possible, too hot to drive a classic Mustang with Vinyl interior and no AC even though its a Convertible? Even at 9pm its close to 90deg.

#8 · (Edited)
Sportsroof69 Since there is still plenty of time to D-day, I hope you have it running and ready to join the fun.!!

awhtx Roger that.!!!

coupster Todd, so you have plans to bring several cars..? Great.!!! More cars more fun.!

Fair Oaks Mustang Yes, thats a good idea to start planning a route and discuss over here.

Fastang68 No problem sir.! Still time to see what one can do, but the good thing is you count on it, so you have this cruise in mind..!

my289 Vato, the cruise should be for sat. Nov. 4th and by then we all expect the temps to have cooled down.!

Well, this has been a good start so I will begin a list with all you vatos, and more that will be signing up for the cruise. Then, as I mentioned before, upon availability, you will see your chances of joining. But let me put you in the list, that I hope it will start growing up soon.!

I know more members will be joining later but, even if we were only us in the parade, that will make 7-8 cars so far.!! Cool..!!

Josep

Reactions: Fastang68
#35 ·
Sportsroof69
coupster Todd, so you have plans to bring several cars..? Great.!!! More cars more fun.!
I hope to have 3 cars present...but still wrenching. My son will be there w/ 68 coupe, my brother (hopefully) with 68 coupe I am presently working on. And either my 70 coupe, (If if get to it soon) or my wife's 2010 as a last resort. My FB's are too far away from drivers...

As a side note...the game show "the price is right" is currently on the tv. They are giving away a round trip to vacation to IBIZA- as I am typing this email...how strange!

Todd

#12 ·
Guys, if you don’t mind to give me your names I will add them to your nickname in the list, so I will know who you are.! If you prefer, you can PM me so it won’t be posted in the Forum.. Of course no need to send anything for Alan and Todd as I already know you.!! Thanks,

Josep

#15 ·
Hahaha..! Understood Rick, thanks.! You are in.!

I think Josep needs to experience Cooper's BBQ in Llano...always voted among the best in Texas. The drive between Luckenbach and Llano is very pretty, especially if we throw in the Willow City Loop. If we make those two of the key stops, it wouldn't be hard to fill in the rest. -Pete Villemain
That sounds good to me, you have my vote.! I will enjoy every single moment there so no worries.!!
Gotcha Pete.

Josep

#14 ·
I think Josep needs to experience Cooper's BBQ in Llano...always voted among the best in Texas. The drive between Luckenbach and Llano is very pretty, especially if we throw in the Willow City Loop. If we make those two of the key stops, it wouldn't be hard to fill in the rest. -Pete Villemain

#16 ·
#17 ·
There's also a Hot Rod Night at Soda Pops in Boerne, November 4th...the last one for the year...should be a good showing.
Well, it looks good to me but we can discuss here, sure there’s a lot of fun.!

Josep

#19 ·
I'd like to check out the Hill Country with you vmf'ers. I've never checked out that area of Texas. Looking forward to meeting you'all..
Bill Miller ( no relation to the bar-b-que guy )

#20 ·
Very good Bill, you’re also in the list and hope to meet you there.
I have never made the route either so we will enjoy the cruise.!

BTW, very nice looking car, hope to check it out in person.!

Josep

#22 ·
This sounds great! I'm interested.
The Soda Pops hot rod night in Boerne is pretty good. I actually went to that a few weeks ago.
Great.! Your nick is in the list, may I have your name please.?
This is getting hot.! if all goes as it has started we can expect a lot of cars in the cruise, cool.!!

Josep

#24 ·
66whitepony, that would be awesome if you could do.! I have added your nick to the list and I will thank you if you can give us your name, so I will know who you are when we meet.! Thanks for joining the fun.!

Resume,
Not even a day rolling and we are 12 cars in the list now. The number continues increasing and we can expect a good number of members joining the cruise.!

Josep

PS. Please, include your names in the post or just PM me if you don’t want them posted.

#28 ·
Thanks Ron.!!

Josep

#29 ·
Assuming Jane and I survive the rest of this trip (of course we will) we'll be there! :)

#33 ·
It is a long trip indeed, but we all be very happy if you decide to come and join us..!!
I will be driving around with my Vert as well so you can join me for 1-2 days, then I have to leave.!

Josep

#39 ·
Hi Ed, thanks for you interest in joining the cruise.! This is going to be a great event as many members are signing in.! We will have a lot of fun with so many cars.! I will add you to the list for sure, thanks.

Josep

#40 · (Edited)
August 1st list resume.

As for today, here is the list of members that has shown interest in joining the cruise,

1- Sportsroof69 (please name)

2- awhtx Alan

3-4 coupster Todd/Ty (maybe a 3rd car?)

5- Fair Oaks Mustang Pete

6- Fastang68 Rick

7- my289 (please name)

8- Bill66GT Bill

9- tx65coupe Ty

10- Kelly_H Kelly

11- 66whitepony Ron

12- Josep Josep

13- bacchus203 (please name)

14- Boxhead Ed

14 members including me, and still 3 months to date, so arrange your chores in advance and sign in for a great day..!

Just an idea:
Could we organize some kind of prize to give away to any special car/member/feature, or..?
Just simple and easy things like t-shirts, caps, a burger.! Etc....
For the farest/closest driving attending member, for the younger/older one...

Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts..?

Josep

#41 ·
Just an idea:
Could we organize some kind of prize to give away to any special car/member/feature, or..?
Just simple and easy things like t-shirts, caps, a burger.! Etc....
For the farest/closest driving attending member, for the younger/older one...

Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts..?

Josep
Your contest is "rigged" as you automatically win the "farthest" award! Unless some guy from Antarctica shows up!

Your idea sounds good to me.

#43 ·
My name is Craig. I think the likelihood of me being there is slim. I'm still waiting on my crankshaft to be built, and there's no projected date for it. Then it'll be a waiting game with the engine builder, and after that, there's going to be some pretty good fab work for building the custom headers with the new motor and AJE front end. Lots to do.......

#44 ·
No worries Craig, theres still time and who knows, maybe you will have it ready to go.!

Josep

#45 ·
I think you would win the farthest drive....

#46 ·
If someone comes from Corpus Christi, Dallas, Houston..... they will win, not me.! Lampasas is not that far.!
That was just an idea. Suggestions are welcome.

Josep

#48 ·
It would be a drive for me, but I've never minded driving my car distances. I live in Gunter (I suspect most will have to look at a map to find that one), the new engine should make ~650 on pump gas, so it's a fun highway cruiser :D . It went 10.90s on motor before, so I suspect it'll be much quicker ;)

#53 ·
Sounds good.!! You are a candidate Gary..!!
We talked on sello last time they did the cruise.? Cool.!

Josep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.