Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a car from a guy in Texas last year and am in the middle of the restoring process. He sent the tags and registration of the car but I have misplaced the title. How do I go about getting a replacement title so I can title the car here in Maryland? ::

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If you have a lost Texas title, a replacement can be had for under $5.00. It can be done by mail
or in person. Is the title in your name or his? Process is slightly different, but not difficult.
Bruce (TX)

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
You can file for a lost title. As you are in Maryland, and it is a Texas Car, I am guessing that you did not transfer the title. Legally, only he can request the new title. However, rumor has it, that more than one person has requested a title, saying they are Joe Doaks, and have moved, and lost the title, and now live in Petunia South Dakota. Might have it sent to a friend's house, in Joe Doaks name. If Texas pokes around, your friend can just say, "I don't have a clue why it would be sent here. I don't know Joe, and do you see any Mustang around here. You might try the old owner and see if he will do it for you. Course, I guess, he could get a copy himself, and say, Hey, that guy in Maryland has my car, and he was going to give me the last $2500 before I gave him the title, and he never paid me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts