Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...somewhere in this state, someone has got 5 acres of mustangs sitting out back...ready to start selling parts. So who knows where this needle in the Texas haystack is located?

or for that matter... any good leads on existing cars in salvage yards?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
So far, I have found one large yard owned by the Wheelers in Gunbarrel City (60 miles or so southeast of Dallas in Johnson Co)....they have probably over 100 mustangs out there, but they have been fairly well stripped down. There still are some decent shells and they get cars frequently. Most of the best parts have been sold, they run booths at the Arlington and Pate swapmeets all the time. I don't have their address handy but if anyone is going to be in the area I PM me and I could give directions.
There are 10-12 cars at a salvage yard in Midlothian on hwy 287 between Midlothian and Waxahachie. They haven't been picked over too badly.
County Line salvage in Red Oak (south of Dallas) doesnt have any mustangs but has a lot of vintage ford parts, axles, tranny's etc.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wheelers??? Thats my last name too...maybe they are my long lost relatives and would gladly give me anything I want...maybe not..LOL!

Also found a place in Red Oak, just south of Dallas, never dealt with them but called them, theye said they had a bunch of stuff...seemed knowledeable. Have 12 acres worth of Mustang stuff. Check em out and let the rest of us know!

http://users.waymark.net/cis/

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Funny, when I first saw your name I thought you might be one of the Gunbarrel Wheelers... Father and son..Floyd and Tony.
Do you know the name or location of the yard in Red Oak...I will be driving through there Thursday and Friday and will be glad to take a look.

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Oh..the Mustang Shop...had some deliveries there. They aren't a wrecking yard, they restore cars. I have seen some of their work and it seems like they do a great job but they haven't been too talkative when Iv'e tried to talk to them so I really couldn't tell you more.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
ok i am a misplaced texan i know of a few mustang yards one is called action auto in temple texas they are located on hwy 190 east i think. there is also little valley which is in belton this one is on hwy 190 west. it has some mustangs but other cars also. and outside of killeen there is texas tuff they have a few stangs. there are also alot of mustangs in a yard next to the racetrack by killeen

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
reprinted this from the main forum, posted by JThompson....
Here's a link to the original thread.

"Chris, You hit it right on the head when you state they are usually stripped to bare bones! The ones I recall are not "Mustang only" in the strict sense of the term. I should have clarified that when I posted the response. Sorry.

There is a yard off I35 north of Denton that has/had some, along with lots of full size Fords. Being that you are in Ft. Worth you probably already know of that one. I can't recall the name but they advertize in Hemmings.

There were two or three I frequented years ago around the Houston area. One, near Alvin off Hwy 6, was pretty much cleaned out the last time I stopped in. I think it's called Von Arnies'..he had a crusher come in a year or two back. Another one off Cullen in Houston has gone to newer salvage but he still had a few way out back. Most yards these days have gone to multi-make salvage & subsequently crushed the older cars.
If you want I can check with my Dad and get back to you. He lives in Houston.
~Jeff "

Anyone in these areas might want to check into these...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts