Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,
I am Scott Fullerton in Arlington. I am restoring a 68 fb and a 66 coupe. I do look forward to a Texas Version of Corn Feed! Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I think a Fajita feed, corn tortilla feed, etc. is a great idea. The lunch we had during the Arlington swap meet last year was a great sucess. I have also been thinking about doing something at the Pate swap meet. Ray Azcue (owner of Quality Mustangs, and from Mesquite) always has a booth out there, and we cook hamburgers on a small grill. I have been thinking of seeing if we could rent a space out there next to his, use an extra fold out awning he has,rent a table and chairs and have a cookout. We couldnt charge everyone for the burgers (food license and vendor issues) but we could work on a reservation basis and ask for donations from members. I would have to work out the costs but I'm sure the prices would be cheaper than the prices out there for food.
What do yall think of that?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Being from East Texas I can supply a bit of the Cajun cuisine.
I will be at Pate with Mustang parts and jambalaya.
Bruce

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sounds good to me. I don't know of the Pate swap meet, but if it is Texas and on the weekend, I can make it. Let us know.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
The Pate swap meet is the biggest auto parts swap meet in the Dallas/Fort Worth area (The Arlington Swap meet is a close second) It has been held for the last few years at the Texas Motor Speedway north of Fort Worth. Here's a link to it if you want more info go here.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks Charles! I go to swap meets, but haven't heard of that one. I will be there with my pick-up as i am working on the mustang (and who isn't). Any way what could I bring home? We'll see. Thanks
TroyS

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sign me up. I like TexMex, almost as much as I like swap meets.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts