Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for your suggestion on painting my 67 back to the original color. I'm sure the present coat is good enough to just use 600 grit. and you gave me the answer (if not the courage) I was hoping for. This is especially true now as I am knee deep in going to bare metal on my SVO. Since the 67 is next for paint, I really wasn't looking forward to the same intensive prep work. Thank you much!

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email][email protected] [/Email]

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
The original color is the way to go!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely agree! Clearwater Aqua Metallic is a cool color from what I can see of the swatches, but I don't think the swatches come close to the real thing. The white it was painted was a very good job and even if the condition of the car demands a back to original restoration as far as colors and configurations go, I don't want to take it all the way to the metal to redo the paint. Plus I don't want to paint it "Resale Red" because it seems too many do that now days which is okay, it's just not me.

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email][email protected] [/Email]

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just a natural born lazy man. If the cars dead straight and has a good foundation, why try to build a new foundation and make it straight again. When you shoot the primer, just take the time to do a guide coat and block it out once more to insure it's there. Then there's nothing left but the fun part, shooting the color. Good luck, I wish I was there right now,,,,I'm still welding patches here and there.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575122&a=11977248&p=43129086&Sequence=6&res=high.jpg
66 C-code convertible
66 C-code coupe
65 GTO hardtop
76 Nova hatchback

1 - 4 of 4 Posts