Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we had about 18 inches of water in my finished basement. Ruined about 1200 square feet of carpet, a big screen TV, a old computer, and even got in a couple of Mustang books. Fortunately, I got to my guitars before they got in the water.

Nobody has flood insurance where I live. Spent all day ripping out wet carpet and pad-yuck.

Good Riddance.

J. Boggs

ps. My kids and I had a good laugh when I picked up my old computer and water came pouring out the back.

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
John, Sorry to hear about your wet basement.
How much rain did you get up there? We only got 4" here in Grayson, although 2" of it came in about a 10 minute period.
Dave

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
I'll offer my home as an evacuation center from hurricanes, if you like! :p

Sorry to hear about the damage...that really does suck.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss I know how it is in atl. when it rains lived there about 20 years ago and do I remember how it comes down in buckets people pull off to the side of the road cause you can't see where they were going. :(

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno exactly, felt like about 18" though. Probably about 5-6 but most of it came down in about 1/2 hour around 6:00 or so. Juding from the pics coming out of FL and AL, damn sure could have been worse.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
100 Posts
Flood is described as rising water. Did the water rise in your back yard and fill the basement or did it run in as it was passing by. Homeowners may cover it if it was runnoff. Ask your agent do not call the claims department or it will be counted against you! Even if $0 is paid.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point, just passing runoff, not like the whole house was surrounded. Might be worth a call.

J. Boggs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts