Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in this thread, 430461, I asked for recommendations on wiring/electrical books. Midlife suggested Auto Engines and Electrical Systems, Blanchard and Ritchen (published by MOTOR). I just got it and it looks very good (700 pages with lotsa pictures). It covers more than electrical systems as the title indicates. It was also cheap as I got it used through Amazon's zShops ($15).

Expect less questions about what does this thing-amabob do./forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
Whoa! You actually found a copy? Through Amazon? Amazing.

Can I asked what you paid?

For all the others, it's a basic book dealing with mid-60's and earlier electrical systems, designed and written for the average mechanic. I've always found that books written in this time period and earlier are much better to learn from. This book isn't anything super special, but it is complete and deals with most everything we run across in standard systems.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had said $15 in my original post but after I checked it was actually $9 for the 1970 sixth edition. It is a used book through what Amazon calls its Zshops. Sorta like eday without the bidding. They network a series of small used bookshops together. There's 13 copies listed for sale now ranging in price from $12 to $50.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts