Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4spd
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had the pleasure of meeting Mike aka @Nailbender for an auto crossing event in Indiana. First, just a genuinely nice guy. Too, his Mustang is incredible. The stance, cleanliness, engineering et all top notch.

Went for 3 rides with him and one with a guy with a Lotus and I think I’m hooked ! What a riot and blast for the 40 some seconds we were out each time. It’s like a roller coaster plus 10! Not only that , the comradely of the group is second to none.

Thanks Mike!!

Oh and he beat a late middle Trans Am with 315mm wide FRONT tires by 3 seconds!! The “old” school Stang did some whipping!!

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
It was a good time for sure and glad to help lure Chris into the racing sickness! My best run of the day was the one Chris shot the video of below, a 36.1. It clouded up and fell below 50º for my afternoon runs so I was unable to improve my times. I'm concerned about this waterpark venue, a lot of trees, poles, and parking blocks and I was doing about 65 mph at the finish with a huge manhole cover on the left and trees on the right. I posted the video Chris shot below. I'm not sure why the tires locked up at the end of that run and none of the others as it's not usually a problem? I'd like to post the days results but the INR chapter is not the most tech savvy, the timing display is broken and I'm not sure if anybody's going to fix it anytime soon. The final results will show up online when someone gets around to it I guess.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4spd
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you had a blast. I'm sure nailbender will chime in and let us know how pleased he is with the mods he did over the winter.
It was a blast! I’ll be honest, looking at course and watching from the outside seeing some of the slower cars at first I didn’t see what it was all about. Then I went for the ride in the Lotus and then Mikes car and it brought a whole new appreciation for the sport and the thrill factor was amazing. The Lotus has to keep the speed moving as it doesn’t have the power and Mike had to modulate the power on such a tight course. So. Much. Fun!

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was a good time for sure and glad to help lure Chris into the racing sickness! My best run of the day was the one Chris shot the video of below, a 36.1. It clouded up and fell below 50º for my afternoon runs so I was unable to improve my times. I'm concerned about this waterpark venue, a lot of trees, poles, and parking blocks and I was doing about 65 mph at the finish with a huge manhole cover on the left and trees on the right. I posted the video Chris shot below. I'm not sure why the tires locked up at the end of that run and none of the others as it's not usually a problem? I'd like to post the days results but the INR chapter is not the most tech savvy, the timing display is broken and I'm not sure if anybody's going to fix it anytime soon. The final results will show up online when someone gets around to it I guess.

Do you have an Instagram? Would like to take a look at the car in more detail?

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Do you have an Instagram? Would like to take a look at the car in more detail?
No, this forum is the as close to social media as I get. If you weed through my previous threads it’s all in there. Maybe we should start a my money pit section?

Reactions: Wayne clark

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
No, this forum is the as close to social media as I get. If you weed through my previous threads it’s all in there. Maybe we should start a my money pit section?
Just how deep is that pit ? From what i'm seeing on the news it's getting deeper , but it's just money.
That's a nice looking Mustang you have, & congrats on showing them how to do it with a relic from the past.

·
Premium Member
5,429 Posts
Just how deep is that pit ? From what i'm seeing on the news it's getting deeper , but it's just money.
Confusing post. My car has been built from working overtime, no debt. Although my sponsors are Visa and Mastercard as a joke on Motorsportreg.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts