Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to say thank you for all the encouragement.
Like I said I really do not know where to start! The interior is in real good condition, the outside is ok too. I know I'm going to need a rear right quarter, and she has a little skin cancer but not too bad. Looking for some suggestions. can't decide restore completely,restore a little, or modify? The bad part is that I work full time and am a full time student! so that leaves me with about 4 hours a week of "free"time. But I've got her put up good under shelter so when I do have more time she won't be in any worse condition.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Well, the decision on which route to go lies solely inside you, do what makes you *happy* /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
I can recommend that if you plan to do a lot or all of the work yourself, you take the time to plan, acquire parts and tools and then set baby-step goals to accomplish. This will help keep you from feeling overwhelmed (for a little while, at some point you still get hit with the feeling.) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Best of luck and when in doubt, just ask!
D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...but need a tad more information before we can pontificate.

Like, what year? what model? what size engine? tranny type? what kind of budget do we have to work with? what are your skills? how much can you do, vs how much will you pay to have done?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I must agree with Doug, what you decide to do to your car is entirely up to you. But, as a person who is also working on their first project, I'd recommened "resto-mod". A fully restored Fastback is beautiful, but there's too many of them. I see my Mustang as a way of expressing myself, like poetry. You want something that makes that car YOURS, something original. Something that shows that you WANTED to do, not something that you were told to do. I wish you lots of luck. But compared to having to restore a 73 Grandé, you have it E-Z. Good Luck!

-Art Nuñez
"Wouldnt be caught dead driving a RiceRocket"

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
http://www.montypython.net/pix/hbowl/pope.jpg
Pontification department stepping in here....

We really don' t need more information to pontificate.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif. However, if you are to make anything out of our pontification, additional information is required.

Here are some questions you need to ask yourself:
Q1 What are your 'visions' for this vehicle?
Q2 How much $$$ would you like to spend?
Q3 Am I going to make this car a 'keeper', or eventually upgrade to a more desirable model?
Q4 How much can I really expect from the bozos at VMF?/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

One thing you must immediately realize is that we can be serious, but life is often too short to be too serious, so we pun, flirt, joke and outright offend sometimes...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts