Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geesh! Even the inside of the door shells have been hacked out! No glass, usless doors, no floors or cowl and it goes this high??

Item# 4606232272

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4606232272&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/fe/a0/83_1.JPG

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
need to copy and paste entire link

I can't believe someone would do this. It boggles my mind how much work would be involved. need a frame, and everything else.....

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Huh?
The only thing missing on this car is the actual chassis. . .
as compared to a fake chassis? LOL
Stan

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well lets see...so for about $3960 + however much it costs for the transport, you could get both, and come out with possibly one rolling car, minus an interior, trunk, drivetrain, trim, hood, and so much more...it's almost worth it :p you could have it done in time for BJ next year and make a good 60 or 70 k if you made an eleanor clone...eww.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've heard that a good (or desperate) bodyman can hack the roof off a fastback and graft it onto coupe. And end up with two useless projects. Or not... Anyone else know of such an attempt?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have a friend who is part owner of a metal fabrication shop. I bet he can make one (with more parts) a lot cheaper than that.

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
Actually it's all makes sense now!

Remember that 70 mach 1 on a 68 chassis!
Where do you think the 68 chassis came from?

Hello McFly!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
That shell is not rust free. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Geesh! Even the inside of the door shells have been hacked out! No glass, usless doors, no floors or cowl and it goes this high??
But its rust free! :peeping:
Isn't that what you usually have left over after you chop out all of the rust? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
816 Posts
only thing that I would even consider using is the roof, to do a coupe to fastback conversion. Even at that, IMO too much money for a roof.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Take a look at the two top bidders, one of them has zero feedback and the other has only three. I am betting the seller is bidding on his own car using other EBay I.D.'s (or his buddies) to jack up the price. Who in their right mind would pay that kind of money for a POS shell that's totaly gutted!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Help (help?) is on the way. From the Dynacorn website:

"Question :
"When are you doing the 67/68 mustang fastback ?

"Answer :
"They should be available at the end of this year. However, it will be a '67 not a 67-68."

Check this gif from the website:

http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com/Images/ModelsHome.gif

Although the '69 Crapmaro coupe and the '50's pickup cab (what make/model is that anyway?) apparently are not yet available (I couldn't find any reference to them being currently available, anyway, on the Dynacorn website in my quickie run-through), it looks like Dynacorn decided to develop these two products before it releases the '67 Mustang fb.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts