Vintage Mustang Forums banner
241 - 260 of 372 Posts

· Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Got the fuse box mounted inspired by @Huntingky as well as sorted most of the under dash ac and heater routing. Will need some aluminum welded to finish. Hopefully this weekend.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

Motor vehicle Gas Hood Engineering Auto part

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior

· Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
You're not supposed to be taking stuff off! Don't do like I keep doing and removing more than you're adding!

But progress is still progress! We'll be out wheelin' these piles sooner or later!
I know. The while I’m at it nonsense needs to stop!

· Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Stripped it and added some gussets to the lower control arm support area. Also settled on mounting locations for my dryer and battery distribution block.
Road surface Asphalt Concrete Soil Fashion accessory

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Composite material

· Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Dash is blacked out. Seemed with my plans for my interior it would be easier. I’m a little sad about it but it’s probably best. Also started the tin foil process that I promised myself I’d never do again after my 67.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

· Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 · (Edited)
Battery cable has been ran.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Steering wheel

I also started putting things back in the dash and eliminating wiring that was no longer needed.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Engineering

Plugged this in for fun.
Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part Gauge Tachometer

· Registered
65 Coupe / Family owned since 21 APR 1964
1,121 Posts
OK,,,
Thats some serious wrong right there!!
Rewiring the under dash area is supposed to be numerous hours laying on your back, kinked and bent neck, at least one ear torn from getting caught on the brake peddle, moments of fear when your arm gets wedged/stuck and you feel like you’re going to be trapped for hours. Wire sheath in your eyes while stripping over head, burnt marks from solder failing on your cheek and once you’re done cussing from pain, you realize you forgot to put the heat shrink on first,,,….. The list is long but it’s a right of passage…

Cheater! 😜

· Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
OK,,,
Thats some serious wrong right there!!
Rewiring the under dash area is supposed to be numerous hours laying on your back, kinked and bent neck, at least one ear torn from getting caught on the brake peddle, moments of fear when your arm gets wedged/stuck and you feel like you’re going to be trapped for hours. Wire sheath in your eyes while stripping over head, burnt marks from solder failing on your cheek and once you’re done cussing from pain, you realize you forgot to put the heat shrink on first,,,….. The list is long but it’s a right of passage…

Cheater! 😜
Ha ha true but instead I’m risking my sound deadener starting on fire so I don’t have to deal with that. Seems worth the risk to me😂

· Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Working on buttoning up behind the dash. The evaporator is in and wired. Got to turn the blower on. Most of the wiring is done under the dash including for the control pack. Just needs taped and tidying up.
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Audio equipment Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

New mass backed carpet kit actually fits pretty well. Not perfect but good enough for me.
Hood Blue Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt

I want to get the cowl on!!!

· Registered
296 Posts
Just thinking out loud...before you weld those in, you could run a string between two points, say the cowl and frame rail and then put a floor jack under the front crossmember and apply tension and see if slack is created in the string, and then repeat the test after they are welded in. I think that would be a cool test to prove that your reinforcements worked as expected.

· Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Just thinking out loud...before you weld those in, you could run a string between two points, say the cowl and frame rail and then put a floor jack under the front crossmember and apply tension and see if slack is created in the string, and then repeat the test after they are welded in. I think that would be a cool test to prove that your reinforcements worked as expected.
I could try that. I doubt it would create slack. The front sub frame is quite rigid (sf connectors and torque boxes). They will certainly help tosional rigidity once I tie the two sides together and into the cowl. Two 1/2” lugs will be welded to the inside of each bar and will protrude into the engine bay.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bicycle tire

241 - 260 of 372 Posts