Vintage Mustang Forums banner

@thatgreen66yote Coyote Swap Thread

44K views 599 replies 30 participants last post by  Anangryford 
#1 · (Edited)
Starting a build thread for the first time to document progress and get advise from the many on here who have dealt with the issues posed by this swap. My car has the second generation MII Heidts front end in it with an SBF and a t5 right now. Fueling is from tanks inc injection tank and Pimpxs. I mini tubbed it and installed an SoT 3 link, 9" with 3.89's and truetrac last year. Here in the planned parts list as of now.

Gen 3 mustang coyote(new or used not sure yet)

Vintage air front runner(not sure if I will be running a driven PS pump or Volvo electric)

T56 wide ratio with QT bell, 1330 yoke, clutch fork (will be here next week)

Running a cable for the clutch right now since I already have it. May go to hydraulic if the pedal is too stiff.

Ford control pack

Flywheel

Clutch

Pilot

Trans tunnel

Driveshaft will be Sot

Will run Manual brake's for now. Probably wilwood MC

Headers are TBD

Oil cooler nonsense is TBD

Radiator and fan are TBD

Seems daunting. Here is the car as it sits:

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

See less See more
#595 ·
Well, the wife and I were humbled today. This was the most technical course we have seen and it showed our inexperience. I feel like I get away with a lot on the faster courses. I know it doesn’t look crazy but, several people said it was the most difficult course they have seen in their 10 years out here. Both of us left disappointed in our performance. An evo school and tires/wheels are in our near future. I wasn’t happy, so I never filmed. I have never hit a cone. Today I hit 5 in 4 runs with one clean run. 2.5 seconds from the fastest camt. Here’s the course that humbled us.
White Map Rectangle World Slope

#598 ·
While difficult, oh man that course looks like big time fun! I really can't wait to get my car done so that I can join you. I love the twisty stuff as the lower speed equate to less damage if you FU. The higher speed Auto X courses start to look like short road courses after a while.