Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does it always work like this? I got my ciruit board for the '69 Sportsroof's dash today. Get everything all set up and am dying to see if I now have gauges, after repairing all the creative wiring and just plain screwed up stuff the PO did.

Put the cluster back in and hook it up (less dash lights) and turn the key ... nothing. Start it ... nothing. Look at the fuse box. The Instrument light fuse is missing. The tiniest 5 amp fuse ever made. I have exactly 2.3 cazillion fuzes on my work bench ... and exactly zero of that size. Of course it's now almost midnight, so the big test has to wait until tommorrow ... heavy sigh.

I thought about pulling the fuse from my daughter's '69, but knowing my luck, I'd blow the fuse and leave her without a car tommorrow.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The series the fuse is in was orginally designed to prevent owners from installing the wrong fuse. Each was a different length. I believe these were AGC fuses. The series with standard lengths is SFE series. Since automotive manufacturers no longer use AGC fuses they have become a bit harder to get. They are still made however.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts