Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mowing the lawn Thurday and my youngest comes running u-p yelling--says my 8 year old has cut his finger off. Not quite, but he managed to cut a little of the tip of his left hand index finger off with some garden shears--Ouch! 2 hours in the emergency room--can't wait to see how much that costs.

Junior Doofus for sure. I've never been more proud.

A couple of funnies:

When we got home, my wife goes out to get the shears she left in the yard and sure enough there is a tiny bit of his skin still in the blade. She says: "Let's see what it looks like under the microscope." A homeschool moment for sure.

Her best line was: "Aren't you glad this happened while I was watching him instead of you?"

J. Boggs

·
Registered
21,492 Posts
My neighbor who lived across the street from me years ago, cut his mother's toe(s) off with a mower. It was one of those old gas powered reel mowers ( yes I'm dating myself ). His mother was wearing open toed sandles and pointed with her foot to get " this spot Bob " well he got it!

An other time I was at my freind's house next door ( his name was Bob also ) was mowing the lawn, the mower got stuck on something and he yanked it back to him. The mower came flying back to him and landed on top of his right foot. He was wearing the old Converse canvas sneakers ( remember those? )and took the top of the sneaker right off above his toes, you could see them! He was O.K. but we both had the sh*t scared out of us, I think more so him than me!

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks Tom! I got a good laugh out of these.
Paul

G

·
Ouch that had to hurt!!!! At least i am not the only one that my mom says arent you gald that it happen while i was watching him instead of you?....LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts