Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read some entries and still I don't have it clear in my head. How should a 351C be built? I have a 70 mach with 3.70 posi. We are starting on a new block this week and I have had so many problems in the past with the rod bearings and timing I would like any advice on perfect combos and specs. Thank you so much

Mustang lover

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Depends on a lot of things. Are you running 2V heads or 4V heads? Do they have open chambers or closed? Manual tranny or auto? When rebuilding you also want to bear in mind how you are going to use the car. Do you want a quick daily driver or a weekend cruiser or a racecar? I am by no means a 351 Cleveland expert. As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to rebuild my first one this coming week. Check out this forum; there's a lot of good info there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ditto Pale Rider.
Unless you plan on building a racecar don't mess with the oiling system modifications that get a lot of hype and type. Basic engine building techniques will apply though: clean, clean, clean and the clean some more; the best quality machine work you can afford; balancing rotating assembly; proper torquing; proper lubrication when assembling; correct new fasteners for critical applications and proper break-in procedure for new engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts