Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After it's 7 year nap the stroker finally lives.

Had to change oil pump, water pump, fuel pump, fuel tank, sender, plugs, cap, rotor, wires and replace roll pin in the dizzy.

It runs great! The throttle response is phenomenal!

Unfortunately, I can't drive it because the PO did not follow directions and use a 50oz balancer/flexplate combo.

So Summit is getting another 100 bux of my cash. :bitch:

The good news is I got it up to the shop and got it on a lift and there is ZERO (0) rust underneath :jump: (did I say zero?)

So it's back to sleep for the Mach until Thursday :mad:
I will put it together and park it for a 2 or 3 months while I fulfill my commitment to do the Boss 302, which lands here tomorrow.

So you have to wait to see pics of me boiling the rotten performer tires :shrug:

Sluggo

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Randy thats kind of an odd one. I have never heard of a 351 based engine using a 50 oz. balancer set up. Are you sure thats what you need? And what did you find out on what your heads were off of?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No ID on the heads yet. The Autolite 24s seemed to be the right call. Not enough time on them to pull a couple and look at them, but it runs great.

Hooker headers and Flowmaster 40s make it sound good. Used Percy's carbon xx header gaskets, they work very well.

I talked with the dude at PAW today and he verified it should have the 50oz stuff because that's what it was balanced with.
Google PAW 427 stroker, check out the specs.

I didn't notice the imbalance at idle, but as soon as I sat behind the wheel and brought it up to 1500 it was obvious.

Sluggo

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Randy, will you go pick up a lotto ticket for me, your one lucky SOB...

When are you gonna learn,

:worthless:

We want video!!!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts