Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen multiple postings on VMF of a music video for "Riders on the Storm" by The Doors featuring Jim Morrison and his GT 500. What I didn't know until recently is that video was parsed together with clips from a film Morrison was working on called "HWY: An American Pastoral".

Parts of the film were restored for the 2010 Doors documentary "When You're Strange". (Good film if you're a Doors fan.) At one point the film switches from the GT 500 to a 66 Fastback for no apparent reason.

Anyway, the restored parts of the film do feature Mustangs as well as some very cool late 1960s imagery. You can find extended versions online, but I'm not sure how entertaining you would find them.

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The next 3.4 million dollar plus Barett Jackson car discovered in Mexico ....R.I.P Jim
As I understand it, that car was very well documented as "CRUSHED". I hear scammers used to pop up every now and then trying to sell "The Jim Morrison Shelby". The Internet will now quickly reveal that to be a scam.

Morrison drives his GT 500 pretty hard in that film. Carroll Shelby would be pleased. That's what it was built for.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
The Standard station in the movie still exists. It's now known as "The Station" in Joshua Tree, CA. On my last road trip through the area with my daughter in 11/2019, I got a pic of it with my dash cam. They have a website now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts