Vintage Mustang Forums banner
721 - 740 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry guys, the local dipshits kept my dogs up most of the night trying to blow one another up. I don't know if y'all own pibbles, but they are MASSIVE pu$$ies when it comes to fireworks... So very little sleep = not enough done for another video. Mike sent me connector pics as soon as he got home so we are good there. More to come, stay tuned.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I can't remember if this has been covered. It took a while to find the correct term to get the part number.

"coolant outlet flange"

The NC Miata one is more compact than the EB one and could save some room. Part number LFE21517Z.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I can't remember if this has been covered. It took a while to find the correct term to get the part number.

"coolant outlet flange"

The NC Miata one is more compact than the EB one and could save some room. Part number LFE21517Z.
View attachment 801750
Looks like better routing as well...turbo heat tends to age rubber quickly, intake manifold side is always better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Another day of hacking away metal. The alternator is giving me fits, it wants to occupy a lot of frame space. And I think I've given up on a hood latch (it was in the cowl), pins here I come.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This place is awfully quiet lately.

I have the Miata trans bolted up, fits like it belongs. I set it in the car and the 11* tilt was about perfect. Loads of goodies in the mail, in the next couple weeks will have the motor mounts set, balance shaft deleted, Miata oil pan on, oil relocation plate on. I'm going to pick out and order a radiator and intercooler here shortly. Hoping to start it on Bill's harness by this time next month.

·
Registered
430 Posts

I have the Miata trans bolted up, fits like it belongs. I set it in the car and the 11* tilt was about perfect. Loads of goodies in the mail, in the next couple weeks will have the motor mounts set, balance shaft deleted, Miata oil pan on, oil relocation plate on. I'm going to pick out and order a radiator and intercooler here shortly. Hoping to start it on Bill's harness by this time next month.

View attachment 803375
Looks good bud!

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4spd
1,029 Posts

View attachment 803375
If I remember correctly that Ford engine is an evolution of the old Mazda DISI engine so that makes sense. :)

Chris

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I remember correctly that Ford engine is an evolution of the old Mazda DISI engine so that makes sense. :)

Chris
It sure is.

So this isn't something professional like you'd get from Bill but here's my solution for converting the Miata trans to a traditional mount. I used an Anchor 2268 I had laying around, which goes for like $7.

·
Registered
430 Posts
What is fire engine red with Birch inlays and sports 4.3Liters of EcoBeast power? Duh! our new build table!

Notice the 03 ZX3 waiting with her mouth a gape? Ned's next home! Hunter is busy designing mounts and other bits for the swap. I'm trying to figure out how to keep a 400hp FWD Focus hatback on the road safely LOL! Obviously Ned will lose the TKO and gain an MTX75 transaxle.

721 - 740 of 740 Posts