Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched Springsteen and the E Street band back in Asbury Park. Man! I'd forgotten what a huge fan I was of the Boss! Ahh, those were the good 'ol days/forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

·
6,855 Posts
I hope he's paying Mellencamp royalties for that honky-tonk-hillbilly mix I'm hearing on Risen. Come to think of it, everyone said John was trying to be Bruce for years. Turns out it was just they were both trying to be Bob Dylan.

Best concert I EVER saw in my life HANDS DOWN...Springsteen on the Born in the U.S.A. tour (about '84?) Pontiac Silverdome (outside Detroit, ROCK CITY). 4 hour set...awesome!

Second best concert. John Mellencamp. Pink Houses tour (mid 80's). IU Auditorim, Bloomington Indiana. I was in the concrete and steel balcony section (total seating is only about 4,000). They had to stop the concert and tell us to sit down because we had the whole balcony moving up and down about an inch on every back beat. Turns out concrete isn't the recommended material for diving boards.

It's all Rock and Roll and I like it.

Wonder if Bruce will do an extended tour. I haven't been to a concert in about 10 years, but I'd pay whatever to see that one.

Phil

p.s. One of these days I'm going to do a "Rock Critisism" post where I make my case that in Thunder Road, Bruce is driving a Ford (actually an old Fairlane...I've got it all worked out in my head). The screen door Sa-lams. Mary's dress waves. Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays. Roy Orbison singing for the lonely... Now I'll have that stuck in my head all day. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
699 Posts
I think he will be doing a longer tour within the next year or so.
Check www.brucespringsteen.net , it has the details.

Hes definately worth seeing.
Ive seen him in 1999 in Berlin (Germany), at his reunion tour with the E-Street band.
170 mins of Bruce and the guys/gal. No intermission, and he started right on time.
Certainly a lifetime experience! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Id love to see him again on this tour...!

·
Registered
699 Posts
You are welcome. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

If you feel like returning a favor to me though, you can paint my car...! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif lol
Just kidding.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I watched his mini-concert on Today show (taped) last night, and bought "The Rising" yesterday as well.....

Have not yet acquired "Tom Joad" but as I really liked "Nebraska" I should....

Phil, I too saw him on the Born in the USA tour, in November '84, in Baton Rouge LA. The concert was over 4 hours long, and I was drained afterwards. It was really something. The guy can put on a show.....

I'm a little leery of "Rising" though, in that I suspect he's capitalizing on 9/11. This is my half-baked opinion based only on my gut and the first 4 songs on the disc. Either way, I'm still glad he's around to continue putting out good music.

The double release of "Lucky Town" and "Human Touch" was IIRC not a huge commercial success..but hard to beat for some excellent drving music !! Dickson

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not sure if he is capaitalizing on 9/11 or just that was what he wrote the songs about where his inspiration was so to speak. either way I jus think he is about the coolest SOB ever.

·
Registered
699 Posts
lol, thanks for the cool offer! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
But you probably are aware that I wont ever do that! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
First postage cost would kill me, and second I wouldnt like the idea being without it!

Anyway, I really like your red hardtop. Nice one! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Pearl Le Mans stripes. Wow.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I was at the Bruce show in 84 at the Silverdome.. WOW is all I can say. A 4 hour show.
I also saw Bruce a few years ago at the new Conseco fieldhouse in Indy with seats on the main floor 10th row center of the stage. It was a mind blowing experience. SWMBO is truly a Bruce fan after that.
Why isn't he coming to Indy this time????????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts